The Oregon League of Conservation Voters (OLCV) is the political voice of Oregon's environmental community. OLCV is a non-partisan, non-profit organization that -- along with its sister organizations the OLCV Education Fund and the OLCV PAC-- passes laws to protect our natural legacy, elects pro-environment candidates, and holds our elected officials accountable. OLCV is committed to creating a culture of justice, diversity, equity, and inclusion in our organization and outward.
Oregon League of Conservation Voters Job Announcement: Coalition Director
We are seeking a dynamic individual to join our staff as our Coalition Director! The Coalition Director serves as OLCV’s in-house lobbyist, coordinates the activities of the Oregon Conservation Network (OCN), a coalition of nearly 40 environmental non-profits, represents OLCV membership and participation in additional formal and informal coalitions, and helps manage select campaign programs to help pro-environment candidates win elections. This is not an entry-level position.
We are looking to hire: an enthusiastic person with a strong commitment to the environment, OLCV’s mission, a desire to change the world through the political process, as well as racial, social, and environmental justice. You’ll be a team player, a quick learner, and a hard worker with strong organizing and interpersonal skills.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Lobbying on behalf of OLCV, OCN’s coordinated agenda, and other partners
• Coordinating the activities of OCN, including organizing and leading meetings
• Executing campaign plans and coordinating with candidate campaigns and groups during elections
• Share in OLCV’s commitment to working on equity and justice
• Building relationships with legislators, key political figures, and OLCV allies and partners
Some other qualities and skills we appreciate:
• Knowledge of politics, policies, and the political landscape, or experience on a campaign, or a public
• Understanding of the legislative process, or experience as an advocate, lobbyist, or in government affairs
• A demonstrated interest in environmental issues
• Excellent analytical skills and the ability to react quickly and calmly in emotionally-charged situations
• Superior organizational skills and experience working with diverse coalitions
• Good listening and communication skills, including writing ability
Flexible, with frequent, regular travel required throughout Oregon, particularly to Salem and Portland. Potential candidates must have transportation and ability to travel. This is a full-time position and will require some evenings and weekends.
The salary range for this position starts at $56,000-$60,000 per year along with holiday, PTO, sabbatical, retirement, health/dental/vision benefits, and access to training resources.
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and two writing samples via email to email@example.com with Coalition Director in the subject line. Application processing will begin immediately, with interviews beginning no later than 5/22. No phone calls please.
OLCV is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from women, LGBTQ individuals, and people of color are encouraged.